In an inspiring move towards creating positive change, Gucci has announced the fourth round of recipients for its Gucci North America Changemakers Impact Fund and Scholars Program. Twelve dynamic scholars and twelve forward-thinking organizations have been recognized for their visionary efforts in imagining and designing a better future.
Uplifting and Supporting Future Leaders
Gucci Changemakers North America was launched in 2019 with a vision to empower solutions for a better future through creativity and impact. With a commitment to bringing meaningful change to the fashion industry, Gucci has been uplifting and supporting its future leaders and non-profit organizations. Since its inception, the program has seen more than 2,100 organizations and 4,000 students apply, with over $5.5 million invested in over 50 non-profit organizations and over 70 students through grants and scholarships.
2023 North America Awardees
Gucci Changemakers North America is pleased to present the 2023 North America Awardees this year. The twelve awarded non-profit recipients will each receive a one-year grant of $50,000 to create new programs or scale existing initiatives. The organizations hail from diverse sectors, including arts and culture, education, social justice and equity, and health and wellness. Their inspiring projects include mindfulness programming and yoga for BIPOC men and youth in Chicago, poetry convening and programming for Detroit area youth, emerging artists fellowships for Black transgender creatives in New York, and much more.
Meet the Non-Profit Grantees
- Black Girl Environmentalist, Washington D.C.
- Humbl Hustlr, Atlanta, GA
- InsideOut Literary Arts, Detroit, MI
- United We Dream, Houston, TX
- Marsha P. Johnson Institute, New York, NY
- Mighty Writers, Philadelphia, PA
- Outside Looking In, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Ruth’s Table, San Francisco, CA
- Son of a Saint, New Orleans, LA
- The Fund for Women’s Equality, Los Angeles, CA
- The Healing, Chicago, IL
- Zero Hour, Miami, FL
Empowering the Scholars
The Gucci North America Scholarship Fund recognizes twelve talented students pursuing various careers in fashion and design at undergraduate colleges and universities. Each recipient will receive an academic scholarship of up to $20,000, supporting their educational journeys.
Meet the Scholarship Recipients
- Cleo Williams, George Brown College
- DaNae Harrison, Spelman College
- Elizabeth Lawson, The Savannah College of Art and Design
- India Williams, Kent State University
- Isabella Hanson, Cornell University
- Jamesly Saint Louis, Rhode Island School of Design
- John Davillier, University of Southern California
- MaiTae Preece, Otis College of Art & Design
- Maya Silva, California College of the Arts
- Miles Richards, College of Creative Studies
- Nikol Rafailova, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Rafael Diaz, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Continuing the Changemakers Mission
As Gucci North America Changemakers approaches its fifth anniversary in 2024, the brand’s commitment to advancing creative opportunities will expand, broadening its reach and engagement for the years to come. Later this fall, Gucci Changemakers North America will celebrate the future of creating lasting, positive impact with its Changemakers community and announce the next chapter of applications and new programs.
Be a Gucci Changemaker!
For more information about the Gucci Changemakers applications and eligibility requirements, visit gucci.com/changemakers